Sunday, April 4, 2010

Buona Pasqua!

This child looks like they know how to celebrate a holiday. And also already know the universal sign for, "Bitch, you get near my chocolate bunny, and I'm going to have to bite YOUR ears off, Tyson-style!"

Whelp, this sure isn't bound to win me any popularity points, but, in the spirit of the holiday, from an outsider's point-of-view, Happy Easter, and isn't Christianity an odd religion?

First, we have Joseph, quite possibly the most gullible man who ever lived: "But Joey, honey, I swear, I've never slept with anyone else! It's a miracle! It's the Son of God!"

Then, we have the whole story behind Easter, the Resurrection, or, as Robin so dashingly put it, "What do you mean, you can't find his body?!"

And then, we have the Florentines, who, every year, between the Duomo and the Baptistery, haul in a huge, ornate cart full of sparklers, bangers, and fireworks, and explode it with a mechanical dove to celebrate Easter, or as it is called here, Pasqua. Because nothing quite says "Hey, I'm a good Catholic!" like a pyrotechnic show in an extremely crowded area.

Yup. And I am going straight to hell for that. It's a good thing I love warm places.

Buona Pasqua, in an un-sarcastic tone. Now, please-- someone eat Eggs Benedict for me, because they don't have that here in this godforsaken fire-bug country.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment