Thursday, August 20, 2009

I Promise.

I am going down to the boardwalk overlooking the river to smoke a cigarette. When I come back, I will go straight to work on a blog post. I promise.

The best part is that it's so humid and muggy here that I honestly cannot be bothered to actually put real clothes on, so I'm going out in boy's soccer shorts, a college t-shirt, flip-flops, and a messy pony-tail. No one would recognize me now except for the people I went to elementary school with when this was my basic uniform. Maybe I'll be mistaken for a local townie and get hit on by the high-school drop-out boys that affix NASCAR emblems to their 1990's trucks. Oh, the pleasure! I am almost embarrassed to be seen with myself.

But really, one bad, nasty little cigarette and then I'm back and to business. I promise!

XOXO

1 comment: